You can also follow us on Twitter (@Georgestown NA) and Facebook (@georgestown.nl).
Georgestown annual flea market and barbeque. Saturday, July 15th (rain date: Sunday, July 16th),10:00 a.m. until noon, and barbeque, from 6:00 until 9:00 p.m.
GEORGESTOWN ANNUAL FLEA MARKET, Saturday, July 15th from 10:00 – noon.
A NEIGHBOURHOOD-WIDE EVENT! (rain date: Sunday, July 16th)
LINDY HOP DANCERS at about 11:00 and the VOCAL EXPLORATION CHOIR after them at the corner of William and Hayward.
FLEA MARKET (all streets from Military Road to Empire Avenue, from Monkstown Road to Bonaventure Avenue). If you have two items or two hundred to sell, you can set up shop in front of your house, or if you have flea market items, but do not want to sell them yourself, donate them to the Georgestown Neighbourhood Association. All flea-market donations should be taken to the corner of Hayward Avenue and William Street between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 15th. If you need any assistance or cannot come at this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the green space at the corner of William Street and Hayward Avenue for the Georgestown Neighbourhood Association flea market tables and for hot dogs, drinks, and treats, and then wander the streets of Georgestown to find treasures and bargains.
OTHER FLEA MARKETS FROM 10:00 UNTIL 12:00.
– 60 Monkstown Road: yard sale and lemonade stand
– 73 Monkstown Road: toys, games,books, CDs and household items
– 28 Barnes Road: yard sale
– 75 Barnes Road: household items
– 98 Barnes Road:. household items, books, toys etc…
– 33 Maxse Street: clothing, mostly dresses, Canadian and European designers, sizes 8-12
– 4 Maxse Street: toys and household items
– 13 Maxse Street: jewellery, books, games, and small household items in support of the Terra Nova Grannies, Stephen Lewis Foundation
– 37 Hayward Avenue: books, toys, household Items and a lemonade stand
69 Hayward Avenue: plant sale
– 59 Hayward Avenue: a large quantity and variety of tools and workshop stuff as well as a large variety of household items
– 9 William Street: two antique items (a curio bookcase and a rocking chair) as well as some household items and books
– 24 Mullock Street: sale to support L’Arche Avalon, an incorporated charitable organization dedicated to the establishment of L’Arche homes and communities. Adults with intellectual disabilities. who are the core members, and their assistants live together in family-like settings, where mutual dependence is fostered, where spiritual and social well-being is promoted and supported. They will be selling baby/children’s toys, clothing and books; kitchenware; summer things (towels, BBQ accessories, bicycle gear, etc.); electronics, CDs, DVDs and records.
– in front of the Georgetown bakery: bake sale and fiddle music to fundraise for a cultural exchange trip between a local Suzuki teen group and a New Hampshire Suzuki group. There will be a variety of baked goods. including gluten free and vegan. All will be sold by donation.
NEIGHBOURHOOD BARBEQUE, Saturday, July 15th from 6:00 until 9:00 p.m. Join us for a community POTLUCK barbeque in Davey’s Field, the green space between Maxse, William and Hayward. WE SUPPLY THE BARBEQUES (one for meat eaters and one for vegetarians) AND ENTERTAINMENT; YOU SUPPLY THE FOOD (and your own drinks, plates, cutlery…) Please bring whatever you would like to barbeque and another dish to share (salad, bread, dessert, chips, whatever.) Music will be provided by local and neighbourhood musicians. NO ALCOHOL, PLEASE. (We will be selling hotdogs and drinks.)
We have some great music lined up, and you will be able to try some traditional Newfoundland dancing.
For people who live, work and play in Georgestown.
For more information or to list an event, please contact us at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS NEWSLETTER: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Georgestown Neighbourhood Association provides these listings as a service to the neighbourhood: however, inclusion in the listings does not imply either the GNA’s participation in or endorsement of the events.
** Share (georgestown.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=55fe9fe861&e=d57f2ba488)
** (georgestown.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=fa16833a8e&e=d57f2ba488 http%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2Fe22e9898f89a%2Fthis-week-in-georgestown-april-24th-2483281)
** Tweet (georgestown.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=13bbcbddec&e=d57f2ba488 http%3A%2F%2Fmailchi.mp%2Fe22e9898f89a%2Fthis-week-in-georgestown-april-24th-2483281)
** Forward (us8.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=d2f3df385c&e=d57f2ba488)
This email was sent to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
why did I get this? (georgestown.us8.list-manage.com/about?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=6c8775e189&e=d57f2ba488&c=d2f3df385c) unsubscribe from this list (georgestown.us8.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=6c8775e189&e=d57f2ba488&c=d2f3df385c) update subscription preferences (georgestown.us8.list-manage2.com/profile?u=f9e134743347583d0f9e71738&id=6c8775e189&e=d57f2ba488)
Georgestown Neighbourhood Association . 13 Maxse Street . St. John’s, Nl A1C 2S6 . Canada
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp